Welcome to our website for updating you on our progress regarding the Sampson and Ludgate House site.
Since purchasing the site in 2016, Native Land has been looking at the existing consent and considering how best to bring forward the very best architecture, public realm and community benefits.
In late November last year, the team was granted a Section 73, which permits the development of a larger office building alongside Blackfriars Road as well as a smaller building on Hopton Street specifically designed for small and medium sized enterprises.
Native Land is committed to delivering a new and exciting part of Bankside, with proposals including additional public realm, affordable housing provision and many benefits to both existing and new workers, residents and visitors.
We have now submitted our application and detailed reports to Southwark Council. This has been validated and can be found online by searching for the reference number 18/AP/1603 on Southwark Council’s Planning Portal: https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/
You can read exhibition materials from our public consultation on our Planning Update & Public Exhibition page.
- Reconnecting the space between the Tate Modern and Blackfriars Road
- New offices designed to attract established large employers as well as small to medium businesses and start ups
- An exciting new cultural area for Bankside with complementary shops and leisure space
- New public realm and improved permeability across the site
- 489 well designed homes on site as well as minimum of a £65m contribution to Southwark Council for affordable homes